International visitors spending while in the United States increased by 5 per cent over February 2012. The International Trade Administration (ITA) announced that visitors spent an estimated $14.3 billion in February 2013 on travel and tourism related activities.
With a focus to increase the number of international visitors to the United States, the National Travel and Tourism Strategy aims to:
- Welcome 100 million visitors by 2021;
- Expand promotional efforts to market the U.S. as a travel destination;
- Enhance travel within the U.S. by removing institutional barriers;
- Provide high quality visitor experiences;
- Use technology that provides information and interprets content for non-English speaking visitors;
- Create jobs;
- Providing high quality research, data and trends.
Click here to learn more about the National Travel and Tourism Strategy.